Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Unpacking of the Gospel

Here is another section from A Gospel Primer:
A Cure For Distrust
Every time I deliberately disobey a command of God, it is because I am in that moment doubtful as to God’s true intentions in giving me that command. Does He really have my best interests at heart? Or is He withholding something (Gen. 3:1-5)? However, the gospel changes my view of God’s commandments, in that it helps me see the heart of the Person from whom those commandments come. When I begin my train of thoughts with the gospel, I realize that if God loved me enough to sacrifice His Son’s life for me, then He must be guided by that same love when He speaks His commandments to me. The gospel cures my suspicion of God, disposing me to walk more trustingly on the path of obedience to His commands.

No comments: