Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Way to Pray for Others

This is an example I came across in The Valley of Vision of how to pray for people to find Jesus that is God-centered and God-glorifying:

"God’s Cause"

Sovereign God,
Your cause, not my own, engages my heart,
and I appeal to you to set up your kingdom in every place where Satan reigns,
Glorify yourself and I shall rejoice,
for to bring honor to your name is my sole desire.
I adore you that you are God,
and long that others should know it, feel it,
and rejoice in it.
O that all men might love and praise you!

To the eye of reason everything respecting the conversion of others
Is as dark as midnight,
But you can accomplish great things;
and it is to your glory that people are saved.
Lord, use me as you will,
Promote your cause,
Let your kingdom come.

Oh do bring great numbers to Jesus!
let me see that glorious day,
and give to me to grasp for multitudes of souls;
let me be willing to die to that end;
and while I live let me labor for you.
It is your cause and kingdom I long for, not my own.


(The Valley of Vision, 177)

No comments: